1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Picked up the Nexus 7 a few days ago...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by andruoid, Apr 25, 2014.

1. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

Actually, I cleared the shelf and bought 4 of them. Picked up one for my son and daughter plus bro-in-law (he will pay me back so really I paid for 3 😉.

Liking the 7 a lot, for me, it replaced an 8 year old desktop. No longer need a full sized comp and my storage is a 3TB NAS at home. 😁

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tukatz

tukatz Android Enthusiast

Congrats on your purchase. I really like mine and do most everything with it.

3. mak916

mak916 Android Expert

Mine is with me most of the time also. I don't really take it to work with me because I don't want it to get damaged. This is my first tablet and I can say I like it.

4. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

I have my N4 while at work, listening to audio books while welding. 😁 Needless to say, the N7 stays home and away from that environment.

5. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Extreme Android User

I just started using my Nexus 7 again forgot how much I loved this tablet.

6. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Glad to see some n7 lovers here again. Seems like there were some ppl who were trying to scare ppl away from buying one. I love mine. I bought another one for my wife. Well actually got one with a cracked screen for her for dirt cheap and replaced the screen. It was easier than I thought.

7. andruoid

andruoid Android Expert

Really? Strange to hear that as its a more than capable device. Zero issues so far. Thoroughly enjoying mine and the kids both like their N7s as well. 😀

8. brosko

brosko Android Enthusiast

The scare of the nexus is that it can be difficult to get a "good" one for some people. I love mine.

9. Brothaswan

Brothaswan Lurker

I have the nexus 7(2012) I want to give my son this one and get the nexus 7(2013) u think its worth?

10. tukatz

Sounds like a good plan to me.

11. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

Definitely worth it. 2013 is a huge improvement over 2012. Not just that, its a great all around tablet. Some ppl mentioned waiting for a nexus 8 later this year but I don't think there is going to be one since the silver line of Google devices should be out next year. N7 2013 will be a great buy for quite some time. Love this thing, find new uses for it every week.

12. Brothaswan

Brothaswan Lurker

That's what I was thinking.... No need to get an up to date outrageous tablet.... Because if my son didn't want a tablet I would still keep this one lol love my nexus 7

13. brosko

brosko Android Enthusiast

What's the silver line?

14. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

A rumour.

15. macgiobuin

macgiobuin Android Enthusiast

This is my first tablet as well. I was a bit hesitant to get it because of some of the issues I've seen discussed on this and other forums. But the reviews for it were pretty positive, so I went for it. I am very pleased with my decision. It does everything it should and has all but replaced my desktop computer at home.

16. tukatz

I still use my laptop for some things while at home, but will leave it at home when we head out on a road trip. We'll be gone for two weeks and I'll be using my N7 every day, including remoting in to our network at home to copy files and launch a backup of our Windows Home Server. Gotta love this thing.

17. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

brosko likes this.
  18. scott99

scott99 Newbie

I bought the original Nexus 7 (16gb) on launch date (July 14th 2012 I believe), and it was awesome. I had the original Kindle Fire before that, and sold it. I usually don't jump on THE NEXT one, but the Nexus 7 2013 (I bought the 32gb) was such a jump up from the Nexus 7 2012, I sold my Nexus 7 2012. I am completely happy with my Nexus 7 2013, just love it, and have no need to jump to the next big thing, it does everything I need it to do, with a spectacular screen and very good sound. I never touch my laptop anymore. I've also added Google Chromecast to my TV, so now I watch more movies on my tablet, because I can continue them on my TV with the Chromecast. Just love it.

I'm a hockey fanatic, so I buy NHL Gamecenter every year. One day, I watched my team play on my 46" Samsung, another game on my Nexus 7, and a college game on my iPhone, all at the same time, man, technology is amazing.

19. Madbat

Madbat Android Expert

I just picked up a bluray player that has miracast built in, so I just cast my nexus screen up to my TV for things I want to see bigger.

Nexus 7 (2013) Forum

The Nexus 7 (2013) release date was July 2013. Features and Specs include a 7.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 3950mAh battery.

July 2013
Release Date
Reviews