• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Picking up new 32 Gig card - does it need to be formatted?

Hello everyone, been lurking and learning for a while, so here I am giving up my virginity on something I am good at... shopping.

Advice I have heard has been to stay clear of those 'cheap' great deal microsd cards on ebay, very many counterfeits out there.

Samsung is rumored to be making a 32GB class 6 card but so far I have not found it available.

The only real temptation I have to share is at (p/n TF-32GB-C6) 32GB ATP Transflash MSDHC Micro Secure Digital Class 6 High Capacity Card with Adapter

I am a bit worried about this because ATP does not have the 32GB Class 6 microsd product line on their website. I sent ATP an email asking for clarification and actually just spoke with a live person over there, they acknowledged my email and said they would reply to my email. As soon as I hear something I will update...

Raezza

Upvote 0
Don't listen to Polo...32g cards won't be that cheap for many years....

Go to ebay. They are there. Don't know if some are fake but my co worker got one about a week ago and his works just fine. He paid around 20 bucks. Some might be faulty im not sure. It worked out for him. here is a link where i saw some and i can ask him exactly where he got his.

sorry i cant post the link for some reason. Just go to ebay and search for 32g micro sd.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...kw=32g+micro+sd&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Upvote 0
Go to ebay. They are there. Don't know if some are fake but my co worker got one about a week ago and his works just fine. He paid around 20 bucks. Some might be faulty im not sure. It worked out for him. here is a link where i saw some and i can ask him exactly where he got his.

sorry i cant post the link for some reason. Just go to ebay and search for 32g micro sd.

ask him to fill up the 32 gigs, it wont, the cheap sd cards you see on ebay are counterfeit, probably a 4 or 8 gb that has been flashed to show that it has 32 gb (even to the phone) but when you try to fill it it wont work.

EDIT: read the comments here: http://www.pocketpccentral.net/newscenter/2010/05/12/32gb-microsd-cards-now-available-on-ebay/

Upvote 0
ask him to fill up the 32 gigs, it wont, the cheap sd cards you see on ebay are counterfeit, probably a 4 or 8 gb that has been flashed to show that it has 32 gb (even to the phone) but when you try to fill it it wont work.

EDIT: read the comments here: 32GB microSD Cards Now Available – On eBay

Oh I see!! Thanks, for the correct info and sorry for the wrong info. Guess ill go pop my biddies bubble now!!

Upvote 0
Sorry, ATP's response was:

[FONT=&quot]Currently the largest card in Mass production is the 16GB, I am not sure why Memoryx is posting but ill have them pull it today. I am told however we should have mass production of the commercial grade 32GB micro SD in Q1. I have attached a ATP presentation for you to review if you need any memory products please let me know[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So back to waiting if you want a class 6 32GB microsd card :([/FONT]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones