1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Pics always load or send in landscape even if they are supposed to be in portrait is there a fix?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Flavio60, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Flavio60

Flavio60 Member

Jul 20, 2010
    I've had my Captivate since day one and i love it the only thing that bugs me is that if i have a pic taking portrait anytime i send it or upload to facebook it automatically changes it to landscape view and the same when recieving pics i go in and manually edit the pics so when i go to my gallery it shows them in portrait but anytime i try and send it never fails goes straight back to lanscap anyone else have this prob?

Advertisement

2. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    SLC, Utah
    I'm almost certain that this is an android OS issue.

3. c00ldevil

c00ldevil New Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I have the same issue.its really annoying..just for the heck of it I tried rotating it clockwise to are if it flips, but same effect still thinks that the original was a potrait and rotates it counter clockwise..same effect while uploading to picasa and gmail as well...

4. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
    I think it's Facebook not honoring the embedded orientation info, which the phone does. I've noticed this too.

I've used the free app "Reduce Photo Size" which has a rotate function in it to save a new forced-rotated version to then upload to Facebook when it's giving me grief.

jpovis likes this.