• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pics of websites pages saved to SD?? WTF??

Are you sure the pictures are of sites you visited? Any chance they could have reused someone else's sd card for your new phone?

And you did a recovery of the sd card? In that case I wonder if Android saves temp files / images to sd card, and then deletes them after you finish browsing. By using your file recovery software, you may have recovered all the deleted content...

I'm not sure Android works this way though, because you can still browse sites without a sd card.

Upvote 0
Those .jpg's are on the sd card in the folder of: .bookmark_thumb1 and are stored for faster website page rendering.

I have searched all over and cant find why I have 2000+ picures of web pages on my SD card. I bought the phone new soooo.......... WTF? There are pictures of damn near every website I have been on. Why? How do I get rid of all thoese pics/files and get my SD card cleaned up? Thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones