• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help pics sent are low quality, but didn't used to be

honda95freek

Mar 20, 2010
Ok so my girlfriend who's 2000 miles away has a inc2. I have the thunderbolt. We like to send a lot of pic messages. At first all the ones she sent were of high quality. Even the ones taken with the front camera weren't too bad. But the other day they have started coming in looking pretty bad. Low quality, like they were taken with an old 1mp flip phone camera. She said the camera was set to 8mp and the the size limit was set at 1200k. not sure what changed, any thoughts?

we both send them by mms and both are using the stock messaging app. i looked and the resolution changed. bad pics have a res of 640 x 384 which i know is the "small" setting. but when i asked her to look she said it was set at 8mp. the better pics did have the 8mp resolution. after a few weeks of low res pics i randomly got one the was high res, but then after that, back to low res.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones