1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Picture and video size and send as mms

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by georgiejr, Feb 28, 2011.

1. georgiejr

georgiejr Lurker
    None

Sep 1, 2010
    I have the Atrix 4G and whenever I take a picture or a video, and send it as text messaging (mms), it always asks me to resize. Any still picture using the camera always asks me to resize. I would understand the video, but a picture.

Is this because the Atrix takes a picture that is high res that it would just send it through text messaging unless it is resized.

I am using Handcent and also the built in text messaging, and it will always ask me to resize and really a pain in the.......

Any suggesstions, or any settings, or any recommendations to just have take a pic and send....

Thank you

Advertisement

2. modesto61ca

modesto61ca Member
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    I'm assuming it's because it's a huge file (my Droid X pics are about 1 MB each, and it resizes my pics automatically prior to sending).

3. NolePhin

NolePhin Member
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    I've been complaining about this since I got the phone. This might be the reason I return the Atrix and go back to my Iphone 3GS.

Every time I try to send a video (like you said) it has to resize it. Not only that, but the quality and size of the video once you send it via text comes out small and terrible quality on the other side. Even my Iphone 3GS did not have these issues.

4. TRICKorDEVICE

TRICKorDEVICE Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 4, 2011
    my handcent won't even resize the videos...how to I get it to convert.

5. burtonvdp

burtonvdp Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    CenCal
    Is there a way to make it auto re size? This is getting annoying... Also every time it re sizes a portrait photo it rotates to landscape. If nothing else I need to know where to go to fix this problem. I really don't want to use a 3rd part sms program.