1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Picture being sent as slideshow

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jencox5508, Dec 2, 2013.

1. jencox5508

jencox5508 Lurker

Everytime I send a picture, it is sent as a slideshow. How do I turn this off? I have a Droid DNA and Verizon wasn't much help either. The said to download handsent but I hate to do that. Also, some of my recipients can't see my pictures all of the time. It's saying too large or unsuitable. What am I doing wrong? Very Frustrating!!

Jennifer

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

How are you sending them?

3. jencox5508

jencox5508 Lurker

I send them as text files. Either by responding to a text and clicking on the paperclip and then selecting from my gallery or by clicking on a picture within the gallery and then clicking the share button and then messages and sending it that way.

Jennifer

4. lterry913

lterry913 Member

when I receive photos from certain friends they show up as slide show or video to me...I assumed it was just a glich when sending from different devices or carriers to my phone.

5. jencox5508

jencox5508 Lurker

do you think they will have a fix for this in the future? I'm not happy with this DNA at all!!

Jennifer

6. TrooperThorn

TrooperThorn Member

Jennifer,

I don't think this is a DNA issue. I've never seen this before on my phone. Are the images you sending via text appearing as slideshows on YOUR device, or on the recipient's device?

If they are displaying on the recipient's device, are they using a Samsung phone by any chance? My sister-in-law had an AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 that received picture messages this way...I think it might be something Samsung specific, but I can't say for sure. It's the only Android phone I ever saw that had slideshows in MMS.

7. jencox5508

jencox5508 Lurker

When I attach the picture, in the bottom right, there is an arrow and when you click on it, it says "slide 1/1" .....however, most people who have problems opening them are Samsung users.

Jennifer

8. TrooperThorn

TrooperThorn Member

I can't recreate it on my phone. Did you download the major software update to the phone yesterday? Does the issue still persist on the new software?

9. jencox5508

jencox5508 Lurker

I did not receive a software update yesterday.

Jennifer

10. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

What text app are you using?

11. jencox5508

jencox5508 Lurker

I'm just using "messages" on the phone.....no special app

HTC Droid DNA Forum

The HTC Droid DNA release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2020mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews