1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Picture Message problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hud316, Jul 31, 2012.

1. hud316

hud316 Newbie
    None

Feb 7, 2011
    Just switched from vodafone to 02 but wanted to keep my old number for my new HTC One s.

Number transferred yesterday but I was not receiving picture messages despite being talked through each APN step by a o2 person. Was advised to leave it until after 6pm yesterday and phoned o2 again today to be taken through the same steps as yesterday but still no joy with sending/receiving picture messages.

The new APN that they talk me through which I then save does not have a blank dot next to it which I assume it would if that was available to choose, the current selected APN (has a green dot next to it), and if I click on the new one it takes me into edit APN screen.

I can send/receive normal texts and I can access internet fine.

Any solutions or am I better going into an o2 store in person??

cheers

Advertisement

2. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles
    None

Aug 31, 2011
    Skaro
    I would take it to the store and have them try to sort it. They should be able to get it working, and if not they can tell you of any other options you have.

hud316 likes this.
  3. Jay3GSM

Jay3GSM Newbie
    None

Mar 14, 2010
    Try one of those O2 stores that has those 'Guru' people inside. They are there to help people with exactly this sort of query.

If the settings on the phone are what they should be, then it is possible they haven't activated MMS on your account. Make sure they check whilst you are there in the store. Should be easy enough for them to do

hud316 and agentc13 like this.
  4. hud316

hud316 Newbie
    None

Feb 7, 2011
    Thanks for the replies, it was a guru I dealt with yesterday.

Looks like I will have to pop into town and do it in person, probably easier to explain the problem anyway in person.

Tags: