1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support picture messages being sent individually

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by justconfused, Apr 20, 2016.

1. justconfused

justconfused Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2013
    Female
    happy town
    goodness im getting tired of android

note 4, android 5.1.1

it used to be where i could send about 5-10 pictures all in one text message. now i select multiple photos to send and they send individually, causing the person to get a text for each picture. is there a way i can stop this, go back to how it was originally. i am not even sure how it happened, but it must have been after an update (which i never want and can never stop)

help me, help me please

Advertisement

2. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    Hmmm, I've never had this issue on my devices so it can't be an Android issue. My guess would be it's an issue with your device or carrier, or their device or carrier.

Okay, I just did a little googling and it looks like there may be a size limit option on the note 4 in the messenger settings. Go into the settings within your messenger app and see if you can adjust the size limit for MMS messages.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Depends on how you have been sending the photos, and how big the photos are. Most likely, before you were sending compressed photos, while now you are sending uncompressed photos. MMS has file size limits, which you cannot overcome, mainly because these are carrier imposed limits. If you want to send uncompressed photos in a single message, you need to send it via a server dependent chat service (similar to iMessage for iPhones). There are several third party available, with Hangouts being the default Android option. Not many people signed up for it though. Never understood why.