1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Picture messaging - Can't properly send/recieve

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drewy88, Jan 11, 2012.

1. drewy88

drewy88 Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    I'm not sure if this is to do with the network (Virgin) or the phone itself.

When my phone receives a picture message, it just says 'downloading' continuously and never actually downloads the message. This means I have to wait until I receive a message from Virgin saying I am able to view the photo online for 14 days etc. Also when sending a picture message, it will just say 'sending' unless I manually turn on the mobile network. On every other phone I've ever had, it will automatically switch on the data network just to send the MMS and then it turns off again once the message is sent. Surely a phone this advanced should be able to do that rather than me having to keep turning it on and off myself? It might sound lazy but it just surprises me.

Does anybody know if the problems with receiving MMS and sending MMS are to do with the phone settings or network settings? Or are they just issues that can't be resolved?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. atmasters

atmasters Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    Canada B.C.
    I use to have problems but when I updated my phone to 2.3.6 it has cleared up now. I did find that If I sent my messages threw the camera app they worked most of the time. I am on the Bell network so dont now if this could be a network issue.