• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Picture Messaging with hero

I recently bought a HTC Hero with sprint. i took a picture and tried to send it via text message..i receive error of " Message size limit reached...sorry, you cannot attach this your message"

Also, i cannot view a picture message sent to me. i tried also saving it to my 4gb card but cannot find where to view the files in my sd card...please help!

1) Youll need to go in to your camera settings and turn down the Quality of photos if you want to send by MMS. Just press the Menu key and select Settings, you'll find Quality in the list.

2) If you've donwloaded and image it should automatically show up when you open up your album app.
To view files on the SD card you'll need a file manager off Market, something like Astro.
Have a look at all the different file managers on Market here.
Cyrket - Search: 'file manager'

Download images will be stored in a folder on SD card labelled "download." But like I said previously, when you open your album the phone should auto scan the SD card and the download folder and show you any photos in there.

Upvote 0
Im not sure if this has been already answered before but this just happened to me also, I downloaded handcent sms and now I dont have to make the picture resolution smaller, I can keep it at 5megapixels on the sprint htc hero, and when I add the picture as the attachment it tells me its too large but asks me to click here if I want to automatically resize it. so now I have no problems with it. ;) Also my hero would not download pictures even though the wifi was off, they started working once I got the handcent on there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones