1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Picture Messaging Won't Automatically Resize Pic to Send!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mss12, Nov 21, 2009.

1. mss12

mss12 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Verizon only allows max of 1.2mb pic being sent via text messaging. When I take pics from my droid eris's camera, half the time they are over 1.2mb, I try to send it via text message and it says its to big, it wont automatically resize. Any solutions?

Advertisement

2. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Northern VA
    Hmm.

Handcent. :D

Seriously, it's much better than the native SMS app.

3. mss12

mss12 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    handcent is great but the major problem with it is that it doesnt show the date and time for every text i receive and send, only some.

4. bcwood111

bcwood111 Active Member

Nov 20, 2009
    if you go to your albums you can crop the pic and it goes down to 1.0 mb which you can send in text.

5. I installed PicSay to do a really quick resize of any photos I want to send via SMS. Works fine, the process is relatively quick and easy, I just have to remember to do it. :) Would be nice if the native app could resize automatically... but not a huge deal I guess.

6. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

I tried Handcent for a day. It did ok for a while, and then decided to start crashing a lot. So I uninstalled it. It's a shame too, because I liked it a lot more than the native SMS App.

7. mss12

mss12 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009

The Droid seems to automatically resize, but ours doesnt, when we go to picsay to resize then i lose the good quality of it from my album no? or does it save it as a new file?

8. You won't lose the original high-quality file... PicSay will export it as a new file to an album on your phone named PicSay. I should note, the free version does not give you any choices as to what size to resize to... the default is something like 320x480. The paid version gives more options, but for me this is a good size for sending via SMS.

Best of luck...

9. mss12

mss12 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Using pic say mine doesn't save anywhere under the standard app "albums"

10. Jevid

Jevid Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    If I recall - this is one of the items being addressed in either the 12/11 or the 01/22 updates. Am I right on that? The work around right now is to change your resolution to 3 megapixels - I think those send OK....?

11. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Northern VA
    Strange, I have never had it crash once.

12. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

Of course not.