• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Picture Messaging Won't Automatically Resize Pic to Send!

mss12

Nov 21, 2009
Verizon only allows max of 1.2mb pic being sent via text messaging. When I take pics from my droid eris's camera, half the time they are over 1.2mb, I try to send it via text message and it says its to big, it wont automatically resize. Any solutions?

I installed PicSay to do a really quick resize of any photos I want to send via SMS. Works fine, the process is relatively quick and easy, I just have to remember to do it. :) Would be nice if the native app could resize automatically... but not a huge deal I guess.

Upvote 0
I installed PicSay to do a really quick resize of any photos I want to send via SMS. Works fine, the process is relatively quick and easy, I just have to remember to do it. :) Would be nice if the native app could resize automatically... but not a huge deal I guess.

The Droid seems to automatically resize, but ours doesnt, when we go to picsay to resize then i lose the good quality of it from my album no? or does it save it as a new file?

Upvote 0
The Droid seems to automatically resize, but ours doesnt, when we go to picsay to resize then i lose the good quality of it from my album no? or does it save it as a new file?

You won't lose the original high-quality file... PicSay will export it as a new file to an album on your phone named PicSay. I should note, the free version does not give you any choices as to what size to resize to... the default is something like 320x480. The paid version gives more options, but for me this is a good size for sending via SMS.

Best of luck...

Upvote 0
You won't lose the original high-quality file... PicSay will export it as a new file to an album on your phone named PicSay. I should note, the free version does not give you any choices as to what size to resize to... the default is something like 320x480. The paid version gives more options, but for me this is a good size for sending via SMS.

Best of luck...

Using pic say mine doesn't save anywhere under the standard app "albums"

Upvote 0
Verizon only allows max of 1.2mb pic being sent via text messaging. When I take pics from my droid eris's camera, half the time they are over 1.2mb, I try to send it via text message and it says its to big, it wont automatically resize. Any solutions?

If I recall - this is one of the items being addressed in either the 12/11 or the 01/22 updates. Am I right on that? The work around right now is to change your resolution to 3 megapixels - I think those send OK....?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones