• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Picture of the Bravo and Passion next to each other

wonderbread

Android Enthusiast
Oct 28, 2009
Since there is a lot of talk over if the Passion is the Bravo and their similarities I have tweaked the unlockr pic for proper perspective and put it next to an enlarged picture of the new Bravo. I also put the DROID next to them.

The Bravo and Passion look very similar especially with regard to screen size. While a DIGITIMES article says the Passion is 3.5" I'd say it is actually the same size as the Bravo's 3.7", based on this pic comparison. Perhaps the DROID is a little narrower due to being 480x854 vs. 480x800.

No phone right now supports 720p. However, the DROID with its resolution does support a native 16:9 picture @ 480p. A 480x800 screen would not be able to support a 16:9 without borders. I can create 16:9 full screen videos on my DROID with no borders. That being said, OP is right in that the Passion/Dragon/Bravo will have a 3.7" screen, likely to avoid any potential app compatibility like when the DROID was released, although 2.x supports different screen sizes/resolutions.

Upvote 0
I can't see how you measured the Screen size purely based on the Images , They could have been taken at different lengths , the Camera could have been closer to the object compared to the others hence showing the size of the phone as larger or smaller than actually is ...

You could be correct tough , Just I think comparing the photos by putting them side by side is not accurate.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones