1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Picture recovery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Isaac Clarke, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Newbie
    None

May 10, 2012
    Male
    Hi, I seemed to somehow delete all my photos on my phone on accident and was wondering how can I unerease this so I can have my photos back. I tried using a program on my computer called EaseUSmobiesaver and it tells me that if I want to unerase all my data that I have to root my phone. I am not sure how to exaclty do this or IF I should do this as if I do then it would void my warrenty on my phone along with my insurance too.

I really wish there was a app I could use other then google plus that would just back up all my photos, videos, contacts, and whatnot without putting them on the internet.

Advertisement

2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Mostly retired
    Kansas City, Mo.
    If your photos were saved to the phone internal storage then they are almost certainly gone. There's a slight chance that by rooting the phone some may be recoverable from a cache, but...sorry.

However, if you set the phone to save photos to the SD card, even if they appear to be gone there's still a good chance you can recover them by putting the SD card in a Windows laptop or PC with a card slot or USB card reader and using Recuva software:

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

From now on, remember: Backups, backups, backups!

Google+ is only one way to backup photos. Dropbox will immediately upload photos to a free Dropbox account in real time. I do real time backups to Google Drive with FolderSync (the Google Drive app is supposed to add this soon). There's more, like Photobucket, etc. And you can always do backups to a computer by USB, via WiFi with Airdroid or similar apps.

3. Bodycount

Bodycount Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    Male
    Columbus, OH
    I have a WD MyCloud at my house. The WD app automatically uploads all photos I take to the cloud hard drive after I take them. So if I ever lose my phone or my SD card fails I have all my photos still. Well worth the money in terms of backing up data. It's also a media player but I wouldn't recommend it because it has very slow access times.

4. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Newbie
    None

May 10, 2012
    Male
    Ok yeah I will try to do a recovery program and see what that turns up. I have a WD Mypassport so I will just back up all my data on there from now on.

5. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Newbie
    None

May 10, 2012
    Male
    Well I was just thinking of rooting my phone and using disk digger to get my deleted photos back but not sure I should root after reading on here about it as I can brick my phone.

6. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    Mostly retired
    Kansas City, Mo.
    Even if you did root the phone, the chances of recovering photos from cache files is not good. If you've been using the phone since deleting the photos the chances are even less.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launched in 2012 and was the company's flagship phablet. The device featured a 5.7-inch display with a 1920 x 1080 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 13MP main camera.