• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Picture storage/transfer to PC

Shazbat

Jul 17, 2010
When I plug my phone into the PC as 'disk drive' it registers over 500 photos and thumbnails of what I assume is my internet activity, yet the phone itself only shows about 140 photos in the gallery. Many of the photos are duplicated.

So ... is there a secret stash of duplicate photos I need to get rid of and also, how do I get rid of the thumbnails of websites that I've visited?

When I plug my phone into the PC as 'disk drive' it registers over 500 photos and thumbnails of what I assume is my internet activity, yet the phone itself only shows about 140 photos in the gallery. Many of the photos are duplicated.

So ... is there a secret stash of duplicate photos I need to get rid of and also, how do I get rid of the thumbnails of websites that I've visited?

Use the gallery app QickPic on your phone.
QuickPic will show your all the folders with pictures in it.

To get rid of pictures the app's multi select function is convenient ;)
And deleting folders is also no problem for the app.

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones