1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Picture Transfer Dilemma

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by katiedaniels, May 7, 2019.

1. katiedaniels

katiedaniels Lurker

I need help and Advice.

Today, I went to transfer my pictures off my phone to my computer. Something I have done hundreds of times. My SD card was out of storage, so I copied and pasted my photos from my phone to my file folder on my desktop (I sort them and put them on an external). Well.. I accidently cut and pasted the photos to start. Then I went to open them once the transfer was complete.. and NOTHING!!! My photos have sorta transferred and wont open. Each picture is 48.2GB and with all the pictures and videos its says its 148TB.

Im not a genius, but I know this is so so wrong. How can I fix this?

#1 katiedaniels, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Looks like the files got corrupt in transfer.
    Are the originals still intact?
    If so delete the corrupt files and start over.

3. katiedaniels

katiedaniels Lurker

Nope, all the original files are gone off my phone.

4. Dannydet

Do you use a cloud service such as Google photos on your phone?

5. katiedaniels

katiedaniels Lurker

I do have the cloud services, but it wasn't turned on.

6. Dannydet

You may have lost them forever.
    Word of wisdom, I only copy and paste photos when transferring, this way if you have a glitch, they are still recoverable.
    I wish I had a better answer for you.

PitCarver, ocnbrze and mikedt like this.
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好

So the photos were definitely on a micro-SD as FAT formatted external storage, and not the phone's internal storage? If so, you could try Photorec.
    https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

It runs on a computer, and you'll need a card reader so the computer can mount the micro-SD directly, away from the phone. The important thing is to NOT store anything else on the SD, otherwise it could overwrite the deleted photo data. I have successfully used Photorec before now for deleted file recovery.

Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  8. ctk beck

ctk beck Newbie

Copying and pasting is the safest and the clipping error will be irreparable.

9. baizhou

baizhou Member

If your photos saved on sd card before you transferre them to pc, maybe you can try Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android to scan your Samsung Galaxy S10. There is a SD Card Data Recovery on it. You can choose it. If the disappeared photos can be scanned out, you can recover them. And it's free to scan out data on it. Please don't worry.

Samsung Galaxy S10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S10 release date was March 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9820 processor, and 3400mAh battery.

March 2019
Release Date
Reviews