• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Picture transfer to pc

cbreze

Android Enthusiast
Jul 6, 2011
Central Oregon
I'm feeling dumb today especially after I had verizon tell me how to do it a few months ago.
I can't remember the steps to access the file to get my pics transferred to my laptop from my commando. I recall it being a bit different than other phones I've had. Anybody help me out?:thinking:
EDIT: Don't see the option to delete this thread, but anyway, I figured out the pic transfer issue I was having.:)

I'm feeling dumb today especially after I had verizon tell me how to do it a few months ago.
I can't remember the steps to access the file to get my pics transferred to my laptop from my commando. I recall it being a bit different than other phones I've had. Anybody help me out?:thinking:
EDIT: Don't see the option to delete this thread, but anyway, I figured out the pic transfer issue I was having.:)

Please post the solution. ;)

Upvote 0
Please post the solution. ;)
Thru settings you have to change your usb mode to mass storage, then a small pop up screen comes up on your pc with the options list.
capturevxj.png

Then click it and your pics show up and I just drag and drop the ones I want to an open file.

Reactions: eltee
Upvote 0
Thanks to Noryb, using a FTP program as described works. I just did it today so I'm sure I'm not quite as nimble as I could be, in all honestly I thought connecting to my pc using a cable was much faster.
Quite often using a cable I have to reboot my computer to get the pop up menu, this has happened many times on several cameras and different computers, it doesn't seem to an exclusive commando situation.

Upvote 0
I use airdroid and remote web desktop thru wireless just punch in ip address app gives u into browser and u have access to all phone files and dont have to download program on computer so u can do it anywhere u can connect to a wireless network remote web desktop also allows u to send and receive messages in your browser without touching your phone and turns your camera into a web cam

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones