1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Picture Transfers via USB

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 82nd Airborne, Dec 17, 2012.

1. 82nd Airborne

82nd Airborne Well-Known Member

Has anyone figured a way to transfer pictures (or any media for that matter) from their DNA to their computer via USB without having to install HTC Sync Manager?. With my Thunderbolt I could just plug in the USB from my macbook, open up iPhoto and iPhoto would recognize my phone as a storage unit an auto ask me to import. Now all I get is HTC trying to make it mandatory that I use their software to do this simple task.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sch911

sch911 Newbie

After plugging in the phone it's internal storeage should appear as a folder on your Mac desktop. You should be able to manually transfer the files using this folder....

3. 82nd Airborne

82nd Airborne Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly, but it does not. Does this happen for you?... and are you on a Mac?

4. hkbladelawhk

hkbladelawhk Newbie

Same issue here. I just get HTC's annoying CD-ROM and SYNC Manager popup. Which someone please tell me how the f to surpress or remove. As well as enable Mass Storage mode....

5. zenman

zenman Android Enthusiast

I'm on a mac and had the same problem. You can use Android File Transfer:
    Android.com

But...I've grown to like the HTC Sync manager, this is what I do, from another thread I started on this topic which nobody else responded to:

Ok, finally figured out how to get pictures from my phone to my computer through the usb. It involved downloading the HTC Sync Manager to my computer, and then syncing the gallery. (It took several steps which I don't remember) It grabbed all the pics from the DNA except the screenshots. I couldn't figure out how to get the pictures out of the HTC Sync Manager for sharing and editing but I found them in my Macbook's finder under "Pictures". I had to go through a lot of sub menus to get to "100 media" which is where all the pics are. I created an alias of this folder and put it on my desktop for easy access. Whew. I'm guessing a lot of people will have trouble with this.

Zenman

6. zenman

I tried AirDroid on my DINC and found it to be much, much slower than usb transfers and pretty glitchy. Maybe it's much better on the DNA but I'll repeat my recommendation for Android File Transfer, or learning to like the HTC Sync.

7. sch911

sch911 Newbie

When I plug my DNA in to USB I get the following in Windows Explorer:

[​IMG]

I just copy the picture files or music files manually....

8. zenman

Yea but it doesn't work like that on Macbook Pros, that's why he started the thread.

82nd Airborne likes this.
  9. orateam

orateam Lurker

I find this tool, which is free, cyberlink photo director, has the best import tool for my DNA.

search for it and free, and you'll find a link on cnet for it for free.

10. rockandrollac

rockandrollac Member

Just got this phone. Just plug in USB and pics were there. That why I like windows.

HTC Droid DNA Forum

The HTC Droid DNA release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2020mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews