1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Pictures blurry

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hallafrass, Feb 24, 2011.

1. hallafrass

hallafrass Guest
    None
    Does anyone have any suggested settings to take optimal pictures? I don't expect dslr quality here, but if ever there's movement (which is almost always) there is blur in the pictures I take. Flash is on auto, have anti-shake option ticked. Only a couple in 100 photos so far are crisp throughout the entire depth of field.

I have an otterbox commuter case that covers the light/proximity sensor but wasn't sure if that has anything to do with the auto-focus of the camera?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Project Manager
    Virginia
    There are a lot of variables that we need to know in order to figure that out.

--Where are you for these pictures? (Indoor, outdoor)
    --What is the typical ambient light? (Incandescent, Sunlight)
    --How close are you to the subject? (3 feet, 90 feet)

For the most part, the basic settings on the camera won't handle a lot of movement if the flash is on and the pic is shooting indoors. If you take a picture of your cat and he turns his head in mid-shot, expect a blur.

Tweak the settings ahead of time (scene to party/indoor, white balance to the type of light you're in) and you can generally improve the outcome of the shot.

Its not a bad camera once you get used to how it operates. It won't "think" for you like some better digi cams will. Its definitely not a full-fledged digital camera, but I've stopped using my digi for 80% of the pictures I take because the quality of this one is pretty good.

3. hallafrass

hallafrass Guest
    None
    Thanks for the reply. Cat example is what I'm experiencing. Taking indoors, with flash, usually with kids - no zoom so within 3-5 feet. Took some pics of kids bowling - ok if they're still - although have gotten out of focus areas in some stationary pics as well - and tap the focus box first. I'll try playing with some of the scene settings.

4. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Project Manager
    Virginia
    For that situation you describe, try changing the settings to indoor/night, or sports/action. Change your white balance to incandes rather than auto. I have had better success controlling the settings than leaving them on default/auto.