1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Pictures don't show up

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Luke Drillbrain, May 8, 2014.

1. Luke Drillbrain

Newbie here. I just got my Moto G last week -- first Android ever -- first smartphone ever. I've managed to install some apps I want. Nice. It was actually easier than I expected.

Now here's what I haven't figured out yet. When I install an app, it puts an icon both on my main screen and inside that place that looks like a circle with six boxes in it. I'm sure there's a name for that. I just don't know it. I don't necessarily want every app I install to be on the main page. If it's an app I use all the time, I want its icon on the main page. However, if it's one I'll only be using on occasion, I want its icon only in the circle w/ boxes thingie and not on my main page.

How do I accomplish this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JooseyJay

JooseyJay Member

Touch and hold an icon on your main screen (home) and drag to the top where it says remove to remove it.

To put an app onto your main screen go into the circle (app drawer) and touch and hold.

You can go into Google play and stop it from automatically placing icons on your home screen.

3. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

When you go into the play store app, tap the three little lines next to the play store name, in the top left corner. You should then see settings. Then find the option that places an icon on the home screen and un-check it.

The circle thingy with the six dots is the app drawer.

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) release date is unknown..Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown.
Release Date
Reviews