1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Pictures go soft/dull after saving?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shockwave78, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Shockwave78

Shockwave78 Android Enthusiast

Anyone else notice that after you takr a pic it shows you the preview but once you click on it, it seems to do a ton of post processing and dulls the warmth of the picture along with softening it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. youngdoc

youngdoc Well-Known Member

I noticed this as well and I experienced the same thing on my TBolt. While you are focusing and for the split second that you initially see the image freeze it looks bright and vivid, but then the final image in your gallery is substantially duller. The closest I was able to get to correcting this effect was to increase the exposure.

3. SunRiser

SunRiser Newbie

Same here. Preview looks great in that split second, then upon review the image is muted and even blurry... :-(

4. Romparoo

Romparoo Android Enthusiast

Same here, not sure why, sucks.

5. beeps

beeps Newbie

Turn your screen display brightness all the way up and see if it keeps doing it. What I noticed is that if auto brightness is on, the picture preview temporarily ramps it up to full brightness and then back down again in the gallery causing the difference in appearance.

6. Romparoo

Romparoo Android Enthusiast

Your right, I do remember noticing that.

7. beeps

beeps Newbie

It's really annoying. I wish the gallery would bump the brightness up too automatically.

8. jbarrack

jbarrack Newbie

I have noticed the same thing. I take a photo and think it's great only to be disappointed when I see it dull back in the gallery. Overall I am very disappointed with the camera coming from using the iPhone. It takes fantastic picture with good lighting. Anything less than good lighting my photos are horrible.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews