• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pictures no longer appear in Windows Explorer

A

Android Question

For as long as I can remember, Android photos were stored in a Pictures folder. Just tried locating photos on LG G4. I see them on the phone but when I try to view them on the computer, they're not there. Does Android put photographs somewhere else?

I just copy them from the phone direct to a special folder I created on my PC....
and yes, all Android pictures are viewable on any Windows PC.

I use this app, it is very intuitive, and allows you to copy the most recent pictures/documents, etc... to the folder of your choosing on your PC.

One caveat: you must create a Shared Folder on the PC.

* File Manager ASUS - Android Apps on Google Play

Occasionally, it can't find a PC, when that happens, use FING to locate it, and then it works just fine.

* Network Tools - Fing

Also, it is often very helpful to use the 3 bar menu in the upper left corner to have it search your Network before you try to copy to any other device on the network.... Network apps can sometimes be finicky.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones