1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Pictures not saving?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by droidmc, Oct 3, 2011.

1. droidmc

droidmc Lurker
    None

Oct 3, 2011
    So when i take a picture, it clicks, and acts as if the picture is saved, then goes back to ready mode for the next picture. but when i go into gallery the pictures do not show up. There was a place holder where the pictures should be (thumbnail was blank) and when i tried to open the picture nothing showed up. When I got home i plugged it into my computer and the files showed 0kb. After a refresh the pictures even disappeared as if i never took them. Is there any way at all to retrieve them? Or did they not save at all?

Advertisement

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    Happens to me a LOT :mad:

I have to exit the camera app, go back in, re-take the picture and hope it saves the second time. It's the only fix I've found.

I chalk it up to the Droid's senility. That's why I am breathlessly awaiting the Prime's big reveal on October 11th!

3. dma1028

dma1028 Lurker
    None

Mar 14, 2012
    Not sure if this will work for everyone but I had same problem lots of people had about taking pictures and it not saving them. I tried all the other things peole were saying to do to no avail. My problem ended up being the sd card class #. I had a 16 GB micro sd 10 class. I ended up buying a 16GB micro SD class 2 and I haven't had a problem with pictures being saved since. Works perfect now!! I have no idea why the class # causes bugs or issues when saving pictures but going to a lower class(2) cured my problem. Hope this helps people and relieves major headaches!!! :D