• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pictures of contacts linked to facebook issue

diodorus

Sep 15, 2009
Hello,

Since I got the 2.1 Android upgrade, the picture of my contacts linked to facebook users do not update automatically anymore; so if a friend changes his profile picture on facebook, the new picture is not shown in "People". This was not the case before.

Any idea?

Thanks,
diodorus

Hello,

I got the following answer from HTC:

There is an issue with this in Android 2.1 and we are currebtly working on it, Hopefully we will be able to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

I was wondering: is the only way to fix this a firmware update, since "People" is not a Market app?

Upvote 0
It is the same on the custom roms, Mine took a while, but left to its own devices finally sync'd all streams. Try clearing all FB data in applications manager and removing the HTC sencse facebook app, the in applications page on the Facebook try deleting Facebook for HTC Sense. and the re install FB for sense on your phone and re sync!! It works for some, not for all

Upvote 0
I've got a problem with my facebook contacts but it doesn't seem to be the same one that you guys have. All the same I'd be grateful if someone could help. Basically after the 2.1 update all my contacts were still there but were not synced with their corresponding fb profiles. I synced my phone with fb and the contact pictures appeared but I then also had every single one of my fb friends phone numbers on my phone. I don't want this and it didn't work like this before the update. Before the update I synced my contacts with their facebook profiles without adding every single one of my fb friends. If I choose not to sync with fb the unwanted entries dissappear but then so do all the contact pictures, even the ones that I want. If I then try to sync contacts individually it can't find the persons name. To make matters worse I can't even delete the people that I don't want individually. If I go to someones details and press the menu button it doesn't give me the option to edit or delete. Please help because I hate having loads of unneccessary numbers in my phone. Just to add, when I go directly to 'People' I only see the contacts that I want to be there. Its when I press the 'call' button that I see all my fb friends and their details. Thanks

Upvote 0
Hello,

I got the following answer from HTC:

There is an issue with this in Android 2.1 and we are currebtly working on it, Hopefully we will be able to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

I was wondering: is the only way to fix this a firmware update, since "People" is not a Market app?

is there still no solution to this? has HTC said anything more to you?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones