1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support pictures on S3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Droid_Rookie, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Droid_Rookie

Droid_Rookie Lurker
    None

Jul 25, 2013
    I have 2 questions and I hope someone can help.

1. When I recieve txt messges that have pictures I can see them but I can't zoom in on them? I used to be able on other android phones but not on the S3.

2. I have a MicroSD card with pictures on them. When I connect my phone to the PC via the USB connection I can't see the pictures in the thumbnails within file explore. If I move one of the pictures my C:\ drive (ie. picture folder, or other folders) I can see the picutre in the thumbnail. I can also open the file under the file explore that is on the MIcroSD card and see the picture but to open all pictures when you want to organize them or move, delete that is a pain. So is there away to see the thumbnails pictures on File explore once I connect the USB cord to the phone?

Advertisement

2. cpfan

cpfan Newbie
    None

Jul 23, 2013
    Male
    Niagara Region, Ontario, Canada
    1. That's the way it works on my wife's S3. You can save the attachment and look at it in Gallery. I have wondered if another Messaging app would change that, but my wife doesn't want me to make the change.

2. Unfortunately, that's the way it works. You can "organize, move, delete" with "My Files" or another explorer type app, eg ES File Explorer.

Steve

funkylogik likes this.
  3. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert
    None

Sep 9, 2012
    Alabama USA
    For number 1, you would need to save the pic to the phone and then you can zoom in and out. BTW it would be MMS not Text. The same app is used for both.

Number 2, Google did away with Mass Storage with ICS. Either take the card out of the phone and put into a card reader or use AirDroid and the web browser of choice on the PC to see the pics for transfer.

funkylogik likes this.