1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Pictures Randomly Deleting?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rob, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you!
    Administrator Thread Starter

Mar 26, 2008
    Androiding
    Just saw an article over at Computer World about Nexus S owners facing randomly disappearing/deleting images from their phones:
    Google, Samsung and Sprint probe Nexus S problems - Computerworld

Is this happening to you? I'm wondering if it's not caused by the PHONE but by an app those users have installed on their phone. If you're experiencing this problem please post below with the apps you have installed. Maybe we can draw some similarities and determine if an app is at fault and not the manufacturer.

Advertisement

2. eyecon82

eyecon82 Well-Known Member
    None

May 14, 2010
    Dude, I have noticed this on my HTC EVO for the longest time!!!

I take pictures, and videos......and if i try to "share" them....sometimes they are deleted and gone! nowhere to be found....its really been annoying since I have taken some great videos...try uploading to youtube, which failed...and the video is deleted

sometimes a soft reset brings it back, other times it does not

3. jmiller808

jmiller808 Lurker
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    This may be unrelated, but a thought. On my HTC Hero, I was experiencing the problem of pictures randomly disappearing from the camera folder on my sd card. After some time i eventually pinned it down to it only seemed to kill my pics after using the pdanet easy tether app. Hope this helps narrow down for some of you out there.

Edit:
    I also just recently put the ES File Manager on my HTC Flyer and i ran into an aggravating issue. When attempting to copy files over the LAN, it inadvertently deleted the files from my PC.

4. lapyro14

lapyro14 Lurker
    None

May 7, 2011
    this used to happen to me but moreso with videos, after taking them they wouldnt appear in my gallery for sometimes days and even then i think its because i proably turned my fone off and on again.....

if pictures or videos you download directly off the browser do not appear in your gallery use a file manager and make sure the file extention is valid and the publisher of the media file hasnt renamed the end of it for example the other day a vid name ended in .mp4_mov and until i removed the "_mov" it wouldnt show up in the gallery

5. tnbassman

tnbassman Newbie
    None

May 10, 2010
    O.S. TN
    same thing happening on my Thunderbolt stock viewing of pics. Did not happen until I did the OTA update to 2.3.

6. jneil

jneil Lurker
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Yes I have a nexus s and i just confirmed this is definitely happening to me. I thot that maybe the gallery wasnt reading the photos but I connected to the computer and the pictures are completely gone. I wonder if it has to do with a file explorer app???

7. bfksc

bfksc Android Expert
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    I've read that it may be related to using a third-party image display app like QuickPic or similar. I've only used the stock gallery and although it is sometimes slow to find and display the images, it has never deleted an image by itself.

8. blabla53

blabla53 Lurker
    None

Nov 14, 2011
    Hi everyone !
    I have the same problem with my nexus : I lost hundreds of pictures !
    I'm really disappointed and don't understand why... I just connected my phone with computer to copy films.

What can I do ? can I found the pictures somewhere ?
    Thank you for your needed help

:(

9. wazzy16

wazzy16 Lurker
    None

Jan 22, 2012
    my nexus s deleted all my texts, and quite a few pictures. I.downloaded a sex positions app and everytime i turned my phone off and on a msg about the app would pop up saying it failed to launch or something so yeah. I didn't care about the texts much, i had life 3000 on it but the pictures really matter.

10. wazzy16

wazzy16 Lurker
    None

Jan 22, 2012

my nexus s deleted all my texts, and quite a few pictures. I.downloaded a sex positions app and everytime i turned my phone off and on a msg about the app would pop up saying it failed to launch or something so yeah. I didn't care about the texts much, i had life 3000 on it but the pictures really matter.

Tags: