1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Pictures, Videos, and Music won't stay on MicroSD Card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RawrNate, Jul 9, 2011.

1. RawrNate

RawrNate Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    Hello, everyone! I've gotten a new 32Gb MicroSD Card to go with my new Optimus V to make my 30Gb iPod obsolete, but I have some problems. Now, when I first got the card, I loaded up a small stack of pictures and my music - it worked flawlessly. Today, I tried to load the rest of my pictures (over 800 of them, ~500Mb) along with a few HD tv show episodes (about 8Gb). Everything loaded on fine and I safely ejected the SD Card via the "My Computer" window by right clicking on the drive. When I go back onto my phone and check my Gallery, it only has around 5-10 of the episodes instead of the 26 I put on there, plus it's missing all my pictures. I hook it back up to my computer, go into the Root folder, go into where I copied the files... and they're gone, along with the 5-10 episodes. I'm not sure what's causing this or how it's happening. I've tried it quite a few times and formatted my SD Card twice now. Anyone know what's going on? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. mkbkr1

mkbkr1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Sunset, Louisiana
    Try plugging your phone into your pc via the usb cable and transferring them that way. I found that it works better that way, it may be a bad sd card adapter. Also, make sure tutu turn off usb storage on your phone before clicking safely remove on you pc.

3. RawrNate

RawrNate Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    That's what I've been doing.

4. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    Worshipping Cthulhu
    Sietch Tabr
  5. RawrNate

RawrNate Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    I found the solution, guys! When I went to open the file, I would just go to 'My Computer' then click on 'Removable Disk F:'. I read around and some people said you have to change the USB settings to read as a mobile device or whatever... so I right clicked on the Removable Disk and clicked on "Open as Portable Device". So far so good, all my pictures and music are staying. Now to upload my videos...

6. RawrNate

RawrNate Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    Okay - new problem. All my pictures and videos are working, but now it's my songs that aren't! It'll load most of them, but not all of them. Also, when I pick a song to choose, it says something about being the wrong format (even though they're all .mp3's). Any ideas?

7. Galaxy Rider

Galaxy Rider Lurker
    None

Oct 29, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Thanks RawrNate for the info on opening as "portable device." The whole time Im trying to transfer a 3gb movie on my brand new 32gb sd card, and it kept reading file to big to transfer. I was getting so frustrated since the card was completely empty. Worked right after I opened it as a portable device. Thanks again.

8. RawrNate

RawrNate Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    Turns out it was a bad/fake SD Card. Sent the guy an email and he gave me a full refund.

Tags: