1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Pie update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by daffyducknj, Jul 18, 2019.

1. daffyducknj

daffyducknj Android Enthusiast

Just received mine OTA a few days ago. I won't say it's like buying a brand new phone, but it's close. I'm glad I waited for it this time around. I've had no app crashes so far, and using the battery saver doesn't slow down the phone as much as it did in Oreo.

I might be in the minority on this, but the battery life is much better for me. It's nearly as good as when I bought the phone last year, in July. Battery life was dipping for a while; before the update, I was getting about 6-7 hours under heavy use. Now it's back to about 8 or 9, which makes sense as I do run quite a few social media and news apps on the phone. If I use it less (and switch off some of the apps for a while), the phone has about 16-24 hours of power, sometimes longer if I use the battery saver. Not bad. I was considering going the DIY route for a new battery, or taking it to a repair shop for that.

If you don't need the latest features or 64 bit compatibility for apps, I can recommend this phone if you buy it unlocked and update it to Pie/9.0.

Jfalls63 and ocnbrze like this.
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yeah pie seems to have helped my note 8's battery life. it was pretty good to begin with, but it seems like i can really put heavy use out of the phone and still get 8hrs of battery use. glad to see it works well on your moto g6

daffyducknj likes this.

Motorola Moto G(6) Forum

The Motorola Moto G(6) release date was April 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 12MP camera, 3/4GB RAM, Snapdragon 450 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2018
Release Date
Reviews