1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Pimp my rom!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by creed10, Dec 18, 2012.

1. creed10

creed10 Android Enthusiast

Alright, so I found this really cool mod for my Asus Transformer a few weeks back, and thought I might share it with the lovely folks at the Prevail community! :) With this app, you can add lots of tweaks and goodies to your custom rom at will. I haven't seen anybody post a thread or post regarding this so if it's a repost, I'm sorry :(
    A lot of the tweaks will only work with CM9, but there's others that will work with gingerbread as well! :D
    Without further ado, PiMP My RoM!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Guspeed

Guspeed Android Expert

I tried three different tweaks, they all boot looped my phone, odds are it won't work because of a frame buffer issue, I've uninstalled it. :\

monticello likes this.
  3. Slayer72

Slayer72 Android Expert

Those will work but you havta make sure you pick the right rom selection, I used AOSP selection and have used different stuff without any problems, but then again it was when I was on the Transform Ultra running Chevanlol360's MegaTron... :p :D :car:

4. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Extreme Android User

Hey Creed. Which Asus do you have? I just bought the TF300T 32 gb w/ the dock and love it!!. XDA has a pretty good community over there. Look me up and shoot me a friend request. I'm under the same screen name as here.
    Peace

Slayer72 likes this.
  5. creed10

I have the OG TF101 running Paranoid Android. (I figured it out :p)

6. wetbiker7

Right on man. Lordvincent pointed me in the direction of the Paranoid Android ROM and I haven't looked back. It's a great ROM. :)

So how do you like your Asus?

7. jSavvy1641

jSavvy1641 Member

can this work with ctmod 3.75 ?

8. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

;)

Some may work, some may cause a bootloop. Just make sure you have a backup before you try any :)

jSavvy1641 likes this.
  9. creed10

It is phenomenal! The amount of development and the breeze it is to flash stuff is mind-boggling!! I have so many ROMs on it's internal storage I don't know which is which! Not to mention the fact that there's plenty of kernels available! (For ICS anyway.)
    However, I did try to flash a font with ROM manager, and it got stuck. So I turned it off... and then the tablet got stuck at the boot logo... then i got mad... then I threw it at my bean bag... I fixed it eventually but it gets in a recovery boot loop and I can't overwrite recovery, so no twrp for me

Slayer72 likes this.
  10. wetbiker7

Really? Did you try fastboot? You should be able to install SDK with fastboot and flash the blob that way.

I learned awhile back not to even mess with ROM manager. The last time I tried using it the motherboard on my Marquee mysteriously got fried. No more ROM manager for me even if it says it's compatible with my device. lol :D

There is a new version of Paranoid Android that just came out for my tab. I would be running it but there's not an OCed kernel available for it yet. I tried the kernel for the older version of PA last night and it put me in a bootloop. I must admit that was a little scary after reading that so many people have bricked their TF300t's. I'll just wait until I know for sure it'll work before I upgrade to the newer version.

Like I said earlier, I have Lordvincent to thank for pointing my to PA. I wasn't even going to try that ROM until he said it was what he is running and that he loved it. That was good enough info for me. If he says it's good, it's awesome! :D

Lordvincent 90 and Slayer72 like this.
  11. creed10

LOL yeah ROM manager scares me XD
    My brother got a tablet of some sorts. I'm looking to root it and get PA on it as well. :p
    And as for my own, if I connect it to any computer, it says it's malfunctioned. I'm not going to sell it how it is. I can boot into android just fine, and I plan on keeping it that way :)

Slayer72 likes this.
  12. wetbiker7

Hmmm, I don't think I've ever seen a device malfunction error. Hey, at least its still working OK for you. If there was a chance of bricking it, I would probably make the same decision you did and leave it as is. As long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

Asus tablets are nice. The only drawback I've seen is that they are easy to brick.

creed10 and Slayer72 like this.
  13. creed10

Yea I think I'm just gonna stick to stable ROMs from now on XD

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews