• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pin Locked Galaxy S4 I545

FriedRaptor

Lurker
Apr 11, 2022
I have my husband's old Galaxy S4 that is pin locked. There are photos and videos on it of our dead kitties that I am trying to retrieve. We cannot remember the pin and no matter how much we try, no option pops up to enter an email or password. We cannot get it to pick up on wifi without the pin so we cannot unlock it through google accounts. Any ideas?

The lock screen is a security measure with a specific purpose, to prevent access to the user's account on that phone. If it was easy to just bypass, that would make it more or less worthless. So don't get your hopes up that those photos and videos will be recoverable. While there are plenty of claims that there are utilities available to just restore such things, don't be surprised when marketing babble is different than reality.
Are you sure that you or your husband cannot dip back into old memories and recall just what PIN was used on that phone?

As a side note, be sure to set up some kind of comprehensive, automatic back up solution on your current phone(s) if you haven't done so already. Don't be stuck in a similar situation down the road, be sure your data is backed up and obtainable if necessary. Really, backups are important.

Upvote 0
The lock screen is a security measure with a specific purpose, to prevent access to the user's account on that phone. If it was easy to just bypass, that would make it more or less worthless. So don't get your hopes up that those photos and videos will be recoverable. While there are plenty of claims that there are utilities available to just restore such things, don't be surprised when marketing babble is different than reality.
Are you sure that you or your husband cannot dip back into old memories and recall just what PIN was used on that phone?

As a side note, be sure to set up some kind of comprehensive, automatic back up solution on your current phone(s) if you haven't done so already. Don't be stuck in a similar situation down the road, be sure your data is backed up and obtainable if necessary. Really, backups are important.
We have learned from our mistake. thank you

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
try to put sd card in the phone connec to a computer and if the device it is connect to the computer you will see a icon in the my computer icon just go to inside of you phone and make a backup of you files after that just do a hard reset, of course you need a computer for that
Surely you'll have to unlock the phone before you can view files over USB?

Of course if the pictures are on the sd card it's easy: buy a USB card reader, put the sd card in it and plug it into the computer, then you'll be able to read the card like any other storage device. Or you can use another phone if you have one with a card slot. It's if they are in the phone's internal storage that you will need to remember the PIN.

Upvote 0
Surely you'll have to unlock the phone before you can view files over USB?

Of course if the pictures are on the sd card it's easy: buy a USB card reader, put the sd card in it and plug it into the computer, then you'll be able to read the card like any other storage device. Or you can use another phone if you have one with a card slot. It's if they are in the phone's internal storage that you will need to remember the PIN.
normaly the samsung galaxy phone it is configured went connect to pc they activate mtn to transfer files to pc of course you only can see the phone internal storage

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones