• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PIN PASSWORD

I turned on the anti theft for my FB100 Cherry Mobile. I bought another sim and inserted it in the second sim. When I turned my phone on, i was asked to enter the password protection pin. I was so surprised because I can no longer open my phone. HELP PLEASE........
i believe you have to contact your cellular service for that.

unless you are talking about the pin code on the lockscreen.

Upvote 0
Yes, I did put password on my phone's lock screen. One night I happened to scroll on my phone's setting then I saw the anti-theft, out of curiosity i turned it on. The following morning, I bought another sim and inserted it in the second sim-holder. When I turned my phone on, i was asked to enter the privacy protection password. Confidently, i typed my lock screen password, but i can no longer open it. It kept asking for privacy protection password. PLS. SOMEONE HELP???????​

Upvote 0
I forgot to tell something, this might be of help in finding solution to my phone's problem. I remembered when i turned on the anti-theft setting, the phone automatically asked for a contact number to be alerted, so i gave my hubby's number. I just remembered showed to me a message sent to him which we can not understand because it was written in Chinese character. Hope this would speed up possible results to my problem. Still I wasn't able to use my phone up until now. I inserted my sim card to my child's dual sim phone since I badly need the contact number for working purposes.

Upvote 0
I have never been to a phone service center, do you mean the store where I bought my phone?
He means your carrier, whichever company your phone contract is with. The company that provides your mobile phone service (in the sense of providing the phone connections, billing etc, rather than service as in repair).

Upvote 0
One problem here is that I don't know what this "anti theft" is: it's not a menu item I've ever seen on and Android phone. So it may be a setting that's specific to Cherry, or an app they added to the phone. I don't suppose you can describe where you found this setting (as precisely as possible)?

It sounds like it might be a SIM PIN, in which case the service provider (see previous mail) should be able to tell you what it is. There will be a default SIM PIN, but that can vary between providers (1111, 0000, 1234 are common ones). However if that is the number it is asking for you only get 3 attempts at entering it before you lock the SIM and have to call your provider to get a PIN Unlock (PUK) code, so it might be best to try to find out what the PIN is first.

Of course it might not be that, but be something else specific to Cherry phones.

Upvote 0
One problem here is that I don't know what this "anti theft" is: it's not a menu item I've ever seen on and Android phone. So it may be a setting that's specific to Cherry, or an app they added to the phone. I don't suppose you can describe where you found this setting (as precisely as possible)?

It sounds like it might be a SIM PIN, in which case the service provider (see previous mail) should be able to tell you what it is. There will be a default SIM PIN, but that can vary between providers (1111, 0000, 1234 are common ones). However if that is the number it is asking for you only get 3 attempts at entering it before you lock the SIM and have to call your provider to get a PIN Unlock (PUK) code, so it might be best to try to find out what the PIN is first.

Of course it might not be that but be something else specific to Cherry phones.

Thank you so much for the information. (by the way, my phone is prepaid)
I'm trying my best to explain this clearly. My phone Cherry has anti-theft found in the settings. Unfortunately, out of curiosity, I clicked on it and typed the details asked. After that, I remembered my hubby said that he received a message in Chinese character, the same message (Chinese character) he received after I was locked out from my phone.

Inside the SETTINGS are wifi, bluetooth, flight mode, mobile hotspot, data usage, mobile networks, sim card manager, Smart Manager, applications, and the like. I usually open it if I want to disable an app or whenever i feel like changing my lock screen password. As what I have shared before, I open my phone and put another sim in the second sim holder, then I close it and turned on my phone. I confidently type my lock screen password but it kept saying wrong password. Someone told me to type the number sequence, the 000000 something, all to no avail. It keep asking for the privacy protection password.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for the information. (by the way, my phone is prepaid)
I'm trying my best to explain this clearly. My phone Cherry has anti-theft found in the settings. Unfortunately, out of curiosity, I clicked on it and typed the details asked. After that, I remembered my hubby said that he received a message in Chinese character, the same message (Chinese character) he received after I was locked out from my phone.

Inside the SETTINGS are wifi, bluetooth, flight mode, mobile hotspot, data usage, mobile networks, sim card manager, Smart Manager, applications, and the like. I usually open it if I want to disable an app or whenever i feel like changing my lock screen password. As what I have shared before, I open my phone and put another sim in the second sim holder, then I close it and turned on my phone. I confidently type my lock screen password but it kept saying wrong password. Someone told me to type the number sequence, the 000000 something, all to no avail. It keep asking for the privacy protection password.

thanks for the info. but already tried that one, so with the 0000, 123456, still didn't work. I even tried connecting my phone to the computer to open it from there. I don't know if there's something wrong with my cord or the computer simply wasn't able to detect my phone. I feel so HELPLESS . i would have to go to a computer center (don't have extra budget to buy a new phone) to retrieve my phone data or erase everything which i don't want to because for work purposes i need the data in my phone. Can someone bear with me, and patiently instruct me if there are other possible solution to my problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones