1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support pin screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Giannis, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Giannis

Giannis Member

Nov 13, 2010
    hello everyone,
    i just bought a new LG P500 with android 2.2, but I have a very "weird" question.
    I'm from Greece, so the language I set the phone is greek, but when I turn on the phone, on the page that asks for password, everything is in german.
    Can I somehow change it to greek there also??

Advertisement

2. dryhte

dryhte Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    SAP consultant
    Belgium
    That's weird. I don't see this problem (I've set it to greek in order to check this for you, and I get a greek page asking for my pin. (so you know I'm not lying, it says: Plhktrologhste ton kwdiko (weird, I was typing this in 'character map' with the symbol font, but now it's lost :( anyway it looked like that ;) ) h = eta w=omega.

What firmware do you have? I have V10B.

3. Hello Giannis, welcome to Android Forums.

There are apps in Market which address boot animation, lock screen and home screen language. Perhaps a search on, "Greek lock screen" or some such in Market.

4. Giannis

Giannis Member

Nov 13, 2010

I have the V10A firmware.. maybe if i turn it to v10b will fix the problem. but when i went the other day to update my mobile, it said i'm up to date.
    i set my language to english and also make a reboot but i took the same screen.

5. dryhte

dryhte Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    SAP consultant
    Belgium
    There's V10C as well, but I'm not (yet) certain that they're consecutive versions; I rather think they're parallel versions. I'm not familiar with LG's firmware naming scheme.

I haven't found out how to get firmwares other than through the download program (which also says I'm uptodate)

6. Giannis

Giannis Member

Nov 13, 2010
    i tried to update my phone, but it says i'm up to date also, even if I am in V10a. where can i download another firmware??

7. dryhte

dryhte Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    SAP consultant
    Belgium
    See the other thread about firmwares

8. Giannis

Giannis Member

Nov 13, 2010
    i finally found the solution to the problem (pin screen). i started the phone without sim card, and there the phone was in german language (i don't know why). I went to the menu and changed the language, so everything is OK now. thanx for the replies!

9. dryhte

dryhte Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    SAP consultant
    Belgium
    Cool. Glad you solved it.