1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Pin Unlock WAY too small!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gloriousnumber1, Apr 6, 2016.

1. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Android Expert
    None

Aug 22, 2010
    Male
    Photographer
    Portland, Oregon
    I absolutely love my S7 Edge, it's my best smart phone by far. I have to really nitpick to find things I don't like. Definitely a step up from my S4, M8, and Note 4. However, I do have one thing I would like to figure out.

I've had this pet peeve for many of my phones, including my brand new S7 edge. This is the ONLY thing I like better that apple does with it's software. Their PIN lock screens are large, with spread out numbers taking up the whole screen.

Is there ANY way to do this for my phone? I have big thumbs and I keep pressing too many numbers. I just want a PIN lock screen that is much larger, like it was meant for my 5.5" screen, and not something meant for a 4" screen.

Is there an app for this possibly? I have tried many different lock screen apps without success.

Advertisement

#1 gloriousnumber1, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  2. MeatLoafT

MeatLoafT Member
    None

Feb 11, 2013
    Male
    Indiana
    It looked to me like some of the themes had larger PIN pads. You might check on some of those, a lot of them are free, but they're on the Samsung app store. You can find themes in your personalization settings or by a long press on the home screen.
    That being said, I have mine set to a PIN code, but I also have fingerprints set up, so when the PIN pad comes up, it has an option to use the fingerprint. So far the fingerprint reader has worked flawlessly. Any restart of the phone will require the first unlock to be a PIN instead of the fingerprint.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.