• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pinch and Zoom Question

confusious

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
Hi new here. Had galaxy s3 for about a month. Annoyed by the fact that I had to SAVE text messaged pictures to my gallery in order to zoom in to see them larger. BUT a friend just got a galaxy s3 and they CAN pinch to zoom WITHIN their text messages!!! Also on my GS3 there is a video play/pause button with each pic & on my friends, there isn't. Contacted samsung, was told it was carrier regulated. Contacted my carrier and was told I should already have this capability! Want me to do a master reset but I will LOSE EVERYTHING! Does anyone have any other suggestions? I don't want to LOSE my text history or apps or any settings (it took me forever to get things the way I wanted)! Thanks for your help!

Hi new here. Had galaxy s3 for about a month. Annoyed by the fact that I had to SAVE text messaged pictures to my gallery in order to zoom in to see them larger. BUT a friend just got a galaxy s3 and they CAN pinch to zoom WITHIN their text messages!!! Also on my GS3 there is a video play/pause button with each pic & on my friends, there isn't. Contacted samsung, was told it was carrier regulated. Contacted my carrier and was told I should already have this capability! Want me to do a master reset but I will LOSE EVERYTHING! Does anyone have any other suggestions? I don't want to LOSE my text history or apps or any settings (it took me forever to get things the way I wanted)! Thanks for your help!

It's possible that your friend is using a different messaging app. Go sms lets you zoom without saving.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones