• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pitchers and catchers report today

I'm excited. I like my baseball. I can have it on and not watch it. If something happens, they will show it to me multiple times. I really like all sports. It's the only thing I watch on tv. I was not the greatest ball player but it was my best sport. And, I enjoyed playing the game as well as coaching years later. I'm a Royals fan. I've followed them through many years of bad times. They had a few years of success so I guess they have me hooked for another forty year dry run. :)

Upvote 0
I'm excited. I like my baseball. I can have it on and not watch it. If something happens, they will show it to me multiple times. I really like all sports. It's the only thing I watch on tv. I was not the greatest ball player but it was my best sport. And, I enjoyed playing the game as well as coaching years later. I'm a Royals fan. I've followed them through many years of bad times. They had a few years of success so I guess they have me hooked for another forty year dry run. :)

MLB network will have a game between the AZ Diamondback squad and University of AZ

I have At Bat and on iOS you can also get classic games. They had some Yankee and Dodger games with Mel Allen and Red Barber. Vin Scully was there with game 1 of the 1988 WS, where Kirk Gibson hit that clutch home run.

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
IMG_20170728_212238.jpg
Whoop! Baseball!

Upvote 0
pitcher
[pich-er]
noun
a container, usually with a handle and spout or lip, for holding and pouring liquids.
Alternative facts:
container - ball player with glove to hold the ball on the mound
handle/spout - throwing arm worth lots'o $$$
holding (hiding ball) and pouring liquids - throwing major heaters to the batter in order to strike that bad boy out.

Upvote 0
I really don't like watching past games. Maybe highlights of specific games, but not the whole game. I can't wait for a warm evening, a beer, a hot dog and a game. I don't care who wins, it's just fun.

I do like some of the old ones. It isn't so much the game as the announcers. They called the game even if televised. A lot of the color announcers carry the main part of the discussion and you never hear the ball and strike count.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
I read an article today about the Royal. They predict a zero chance of post season. Stands to reason. They have and are shopping all of their talent. Lorenzo is the only one to land somewhere. But I suspect the others will find a new home as well. Obviously, they don't plan on making a run this year. I'll watch and root for them anyway. I have been and will remain a steadfast fan. Even though they are likely to be the Royals farm club for a few decades.

Upvote 0
There is something really messed up with baseball economics lately. The Sox, with huge cash advantages over many (most) other teams, is nickel and diming players. Seriously, taking Mookie Betts to arbitration, over $2mm, when he is a legit MVP candidate every year. Makes sense. :rolleyes: I guess they are feeling burned from previous big $$ contracts to the likes of Fat Panda and Carl Crawford. Any fan could have told you they wouldn't fit in or succeed here. Dirt dogs not only survive here, they thrive here.

Upvote 0
That's why I've always liked the Phillies organization. Good or bad they tend to bring players up through the farm system and not shop around for "stars" that just suck the budget out of the team. After they won the Series in '08 they had some serious money to spend and if you ask me ruined themselves with it. Now they are only getting back to building from within. It's starting to get fun. :)

Upvote 0
The kid is a Braves fan, they have a lot of good players and are rebuilding the right way.
I used to like the Yankees (teenager, cut me some) but got tired of that hot mess (late '70-80s) and changed teams. Who better to change to than Boston? They have a good farm system but not many are ready yet. I'd be fine with rebuilding years instead of some bonehead deal. Nunnie's a good deal, Martinez (JD) not so much (they tried to go there).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones