1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

pix3 much slower charging than pix2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dan55, Mar 27, 2020.

1. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

hi guys,

is it me or does the pix3 take a lot longer to charge than the 2? :/

ta

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

I didn't notice a difference when I moved from the Pixel 2 to the Pixel 3; I also wasn't really looking for one though. Are you using the original Google charger and cable?

You might try measuring the charging rate with Ampere to see how the two devices compare:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gombosdev.ampere

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

hi CS,
    ah ok - not pix charger as never had one .... but same anker usb c as used with pix2 .... but then the battery on the pix2 was a bit knackered :D

thanks will try that app to check it
    ta

4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

It can be a trial in patience if you do not use the included cords. Even though I have 45w wall plugs, certain cords will fast charge one phone and not the other. No rhyme or reason why.

App is best way to know for sure. Plus, I HATE the Pixel 3/4 do not indicate fast charging (not wirelessly at least).

MrJavi, ocnbrze and codesplice like this.
  5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

MrJavi and ocnbrze like this.
  6. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

cool thanks

MrJavi and NightAngel79 like this.
  7. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

looks to be taking approx 1hr15 to charge from 40% to 100 ... and think the power stats were 450ma and 4.8volts ... might be slightly off as i glanced at battery app :D
    cheers

NightAngel79 likes this.
  8. joe71

joe71 Android Expert

I basically keep my pixel 3 plugged in and charging while I am driving. I keep it charging because it seems that Bluetooth drains the battery quicker:thinking: but on the other hand my blue tooth head set can go three days without needing a charge

NightAngel79 likes this.

Google Pixel 3 & 3XL Forum

The Google Pixel 3 & 3XL release date was November 2018. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch or 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 845 processor, and 3430mAh or 2915mAh battery.

November 2018
Release Date
Reviews