1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Pixel 3A Screen Replacement

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rob, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Administrator Thread Starter

I've owned a LOT of phones and nearly every phone has died an untimely death by way of cracked screen. This typically happens around the 1 year mark and I'm tormented with the decision of buying a new phone immediately, waiting for something I really love to come out, or having the cracked screen repaired. Never have I opted for that last option due largely to the cost of screen replacement on devices like the Galaxy S9.

I noticed that the Pixel 3A was awarded the most repairable Smartphone by Jerry Rig Everything:

It really has me wondering:
    • How many have had a Pixel 3A cracked screen?
    • Did you pay to have the screen replaced?
    • Did you try to replace the Pixel 3A screen yourself?
    • Did you just buy another phone?
    I've never considered screen repairability when buying a new phone but maybe I should? Especially considering the price and complex nature of upcoming devices like the Galaxy S20 Ultra. This has me considering the Pixel 4A but I wanted to see if people here have feedback.

I've got a whole box of phones in my cracked screen graveyard... maybe I should rip them open and try DIY screen replacement, for science?!

Curious to hear if the Pixel 3A screen replacement is as easy and affordable as he says.

2. I cracked my 3a XL screen. It was in my back pocket and I sat back against a dining chair. The good news was that it only cost me a cool £100 from a London based chain called iSmash.

Google Pixel 3A Forum

The Google Pixel 3A release date was May 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.0" inch or 5.6" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 670 processor, and 3700mAh or 3000mAh battery.

May 2019
Release Date
Reviews