• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pixel 6 Pro Reviews

Personally, I'm in no position to purchase a new phone being as I invested last year.
However I have a friend that is very interested and desires some hands on information before upgrading.

Please share your take on this new Google phone here. All observations are appreciated.
I probably got a bum 6 Pro unit, since not only did I not have the slow fingerprint and screen flickering, but the double-tap to open camera app, the flip phone to activate selfie mode, "flip to shh", and "do not disturb" all did not work. The biggest mistake I made was to first spend hours setting and customizing the phone, and then test out the features. I returned the Pro and am now thinking of buying only the base 6 model (which is more price competitive) and give it another try. Google tech support is extremely poor, (after hours of wait they made me do a safe-mode reboot and then factory reset), but neither resolved the issues. The shine is off the pre-delivery Pixel hype and Google has a lot of work ahead of them if they wish to compete in a meaningful way with the other flagship phones.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
I probably got a bum 6 Pro unit, since not only did I not have the slow fingerprint and screen flickering, but the double-tap to open camera app, the flip phone to activate selfie mode, "flip to shh", and "do not disturb" all did not work. The biggest mistake I made was to first spend hours setting and customizing the phone, and then test out the features. I returned the Pro and am now thinking of buying only the base 6 model (which is more price competitive) and give it another try. Google tech support is extremely poor, (after hours of wait they made me do a safe-mode reboot and then factory reset), but neither resolved the issues. The shine is off the pre-delivery Pixel hype and Google has a lot of work ahead of them if they wish to compete in a meaningful way with the other flagship phones.
I had this fingerprint issue just like some users and I was fed up with it, so I removed my screen protector. Now I don't want my display to get scratches so I was looking for other 3rd party screen protectors, then one of my friends recommended Gadgetshieldz film protector and I installed it and now my fingerprint sensor is working fine. I don't know if this holds for a long time but I'll review it after 4-5 months for other users!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones