• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pixel 6 problem installing Magisk

hstroph

Android Enthusiast
Oct 18, 2012
Greetings,

I have followed instructions on https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-root-pixel-6-oriole-with-magisk.4356233/ which has gone smoothly through:
8. fastboot flash boot 'master root.img'

The problem occurs in the next step:

9. Reboot to Android. ...

... and the reboot hangs at the Google logo, after the warning of an unlocked bootloader.

Is this an FAQ somewhere, please? How to fix the boot hang problem, please?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Greetings,

I have followed instructions on https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-root-pixel-6-oriole-with-magisk.4356233/ which has gone smoothly through:
8. fastboot flash boot 'master root.img'

The problem occurs in the next step:

9. Reboot to Android. ...

... and the reboot hangs at the Google logo, after the warning of an unlocked bootloader.

Is this an FAQ somewhere, please? How to fix the boot hang problem, please?

Thank you.
im sorry i'm not sure what is happening. are you saying that after you reboot the phone, it hangs on the google logo? what FAQ are you looking for? have you read the entire thread before attempting to root?

did you extract the boot.img? and you had magisk patch the boot.img, correct? did you rename it correctly? do you have a screen shot of the fastboot flash boot command and its output?

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
"yes" to your queries, thank you.

$ fastboot devices
21101FDF60063S fastboot

$ fastboot flashing unlock
OKAY [ 0.007s]
Finished. Total time: 0.008s
... etc. ...
$ fastboot flash boot 'master root.img'
Sending 'boot_b' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 1.874s]
Writing 'boot_b' OKAY [ 0.075s]
Finished. Total time: 1.951s

And then "flash-all.sh" from the OTA.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones