1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Pixel stand

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tails618, Oct 23, 2018.

1. tails618

tails618 Member

Any way to get Pixel stand functionality on this phone with it a normal, wired charger? Or a qi charger and qi to usbc adapter?

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Do you mean that you want to activate some functions when a charger is plugged in? You could use an automation app like Tasker to launch another app when the phone is charging, if you can find an app that does what you want.

A Qi charger would be no different from a coaster to the original Pixel - something you can put the phone down on, nothing more. So a "Qi to usb-c adapter" (is that really a thing?) would be no different to just a charging cable.

3. tails618

tails618 Member

Specific feature, the ones that activate with the Pixel stand.

4. tails618

tails618 Member

There is a Pixel stand apk on apkmirror. Perhaps that would help

5. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

What's a Pixel Stand; Anybody got a picture?

6. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

https://store.google.com/product/pixel_stand

@tails618 I've got a Pixel 3 XL and the Pixel Stand. I've done some experimenting to see if there's a way to manually activate the Pixel Stand mode but it doesn't seem to be as simple as creating a shortcut to an appropriate activity. The Stand actually shows up on the "Connected Devices" list so there appears to be deeper integration than what I was able to mimic with my Tasker wizardry.

I wouldn't be at all surprise if someone at XDA figures out how to make it work but I don't know of any way to do so at this time.

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  7. tails618

tails618 Member

Ok. I'll go ask the people at XDA.

8. tails618

tails618 Member

Google Pixel XL Forum

The Google Pixel XL release date was October 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 821 processor, and 3450mAh battery.

October 2016
Release Date
Reviews