1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Pixel XL Not Working With Facebook Live

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chris 1612, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Chris 1612

Chris 1612 Lurker

I just got the new Pixel XL. When I try to do a FB Live, I get the countdown and then the camera freezes when I go live. Anyone else experience this problem? Any suggestions about a fix?

Advertisement

Van4130 likes this.
  2. Welcome to Android Forums.

This threads was moved to this forum that is dedicated to your phone. This is the best place to find other users.

... Thom

3. Same problem right now.

4. I need help with the same problem
    Where?

5. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

It may be an app incompatibility issue - have you reported this issue to FB? Pixel is one of the few devices running 7.1, and maybe FB hasn't tested it on this OS yet

http://androidforums.com/forums/google-pixel-xl.3554/

6. I will report it now. Thanks for helping

Chris 1612 likes this.
  7. coreycmusic

coreycmusic Lurker

having same issue. insert sad face here

8. Chris 1612

Chris 1612 Lurker

Did you hear anything back? I'm still having issues.

9. lvt

lvt Android Expert

It must be a FB thing, the Nougat is new for everyone.

10. slipknotpr

slipknotpr Lurker

sSame problem. I just reported to FB. And reorted to google support 24/7 live

11. SAL8116

SAL8116 Android Enthusiast

Issue is still ongoing.

12. Yep. I've sent Facebook and Google messages with no response. Pretty disappointed.

13. Chris 1612

Chris 1612 Lurker

I'm thinking about getting a different phone because of this. The memory size is so awesome though. Anyone else thinking about turning in their phone? If so, what type are you trading for?

14. jj14x

jj14x Android Expert

Are you looking to replace this because FB Live doesn't work? Or are there other reasons too?
    Personally, if that was the only reason, I'd keep the pixel - FB will likely fix their app soon enough. But then, maybe you rely on the FB live a lot, in which case, you may not have a choice.

15. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

FB Live to me, is not worth messing with.

16. Van4130

Van4130 Lurker

Having the same issue with my Pixel (Sailfish / non-XL). Real pain since I'm a reporter and my employer wants me to "go live" at events I cover. Have provided all necessary permissions. Will report. I'd be curious to hear whether there are Pixel / Pixel XL users running Nougat that are *not* having this problem.

17. SAL8116

SAL8116 Android Enthusiast

Having the same issue, Google or FB better get this fixed quickly.

Google Pixel XL Forum

The Google Pixel XL release date was October 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 821 processor, and 3450mAh battery.

October 2016
Release Date
Reviews