1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Pixel XL security issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nikelecy, Jun 12, 2017.

1. nikelecy

nikelecy Lurker

Hello
    I am wondering if my pixel XL falls in wrong hands or authorities or I don't know who's hands can be decrypted and have access to my pictures and business file because once you open the phone you have access to my Google account.
    I read online that some can decrypt the phone and some others say that is fixed.
    Please advise.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

Hi nikelecy,

Your Pixel XL is encrypted by default, and the data on it cannot be accessed without getting through the lockscreen security. Android's file-based encryption mechanism is very, very good - but, as with most things, the user is going to be the weak link. A short PIN or simple pattern, for example, can be fairly easily compromised; while the OS has protections against brute-force cracking, it wouldn't be terribly difficult for a Bad Guy to simply watch over your shoulder as you unlock your phone.

With the convenience afforded by the Pixel Imprint fingerprint security, I would highly recommend that your backup unlock method be fairly complex. I personally use a pattern with 9 vertices, but a long PIN or password would be even better.

shalemail likes this.

Google Pixel XL Forum

The Google Pixel XL release date was October 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 821 processor, and 3450mAh battery.

October 2016
Release Date
Reviews