1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

pixel3 screen better than the 2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dan55, Jan 23, 2020.

1. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

hi all
    just wondering ... as is my only real gripe about the 2 ... screen isnt that hot
    ...i know it is a bit taller and a p-oled ... so think it is crisper too maybe :/
    ta

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

It's taller, but they are still both 1080 displays of virtually the same width so their pixel densities barely differ (less than 0.5%). And P-OLED vs AMOLED are just LG's and Samsung's names for much the same technology (sure there will be proprietary differences, but both have the attributes that the other's name refers to). Neither has the sort of brightness boosting that some manufacturers include, and according to reviews they have very similar max brightness. I've never found the Pixel 3 offensive to look at when playing with display models (I dislike artificial, over-saturated displays myself), but I've also never done a proper comparison (same image, same settings, side-by-side) so can't say much more. It's always looked pleasant enough to me.

So the big difference is the height, which is a clear win for the 3.

Some people knocked the 3's design, but for me symmetric bezels, large enough for speakers and front camera but no larger than that, and a flat front rather than curved, is actually a good look. I prefer it to a lot of the phones that reviewers cooed over, and to the top-heavy Pixel 4 (the 3XL is simply hideous ;)).

3. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

hi Hadron,
    many thanks for the info .... yes i like the speaker bezels too :)
    ....but do find the pix2 screen a bit too small ...but DO like the device size ... so thinking the pix3 would be perfect :D
    cheers
    dan

4. Hadron

VIP Member

Yeah, I like the Pix 3.
    The rumours of the forthcoming 4a look promising too.

5. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

oh right ....thats the lower spec unit isnt it?

6. Hadron

VIP Member

Well it's lower spec than the 4, but the question is how it compares to the 3. And I don't know all the answers, because there are unknowns in yspecs.

7. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

ah right ok ... i thought it had a lower spec processor etc

• Display 5.6" 1080 x 2220 pixels.
    • Camera 12.2 MP / 8 MP front.
    • Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 670, Octa-core, 2000 MHz.
    • Storage 64GB.
    • Battery 3000 mAh.