• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pixelated contact images when call is received. (solution inside)

Yup exactly. Anyway to change that? Maybe a non filtered option

here's what I did
open the contact touch the picture it gets larger with a setting in the bottom right corner. Choose that and then from the choices choose phone and the picture cleared right up. Did not work with every picture so I deleted those and got new one's from gallery / facebook or where ever.

Upvote 0
here's what I did
open the contact touch the picture it gets larger with a setting in the bottom right corner. Choose that and then from the choices choose phone and the picture cleared right up. Did not work with every picture so I deleted those and got new one's from gallery / facebook or where ever.

Thanks for getting me that far! I did not have the phone option. However, if you still have the picture saved on your phone you can select gallery and go back to it and resave it or re-crop it and it does exactly what you said. All my facebook contacts are ok. This particular picture was just an older camera photo that I use for a non facebook contact.

Upvote 0
Yea, it's a filter design. No matter what picture or how high res it is it will have the HTC dot design that makes up your picture. It's not granny or pixelated. It's actually in high res but gives off a pixelated affect.

Screenshot_2013-04-30-16-16-08_1_zps5ffc0a7c.jpg

Upvote 0
All my pictures from my EVO LTE were like that on the One and I didn't like it. I don't sync Facebook contacts but I do go to my people list and the ones that are on Facebook I just pick a picture that I like crop it and save as contact icon. I had to redo all mine but now there normal. I didn't like the pixelated look.

Upvote 0
here's what I did

All my pictures are already set to "phone" and they are all infested with HTC's "special filter". Some are from facebook and some were transferred from my old DroidX. Why would anyone want their contact pictures to look that way? Also, why would anyone want their contact photo to be cut in half when they get a call. Pure dumb, dumber, and dumbest.

Has anyone come up with any other solutions?

Upvote 0
On my PC, I logged into gmail, contacts, and re-added the photos to my contacts that were coming up pixelated like that, and the next time I opened those contacts on my phone, they were fine. My impression was that some if the old photos were really small,or low resolution, and that's why it was happening.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones