1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Planning my App

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by lross1309, May 23, 2011.

1. lross1309

lross1309 Lurker

Hello,
    I am very new to the Android world. I have a really good idea for an app and I am in the planning stages.

One big aspect of this app is that user with have profiles. These profiles will be able to be viewed by other users.

Would you store each users profile data on each users phone, or would you have a server else where and query the server for the data?

i.e If user A wanted to view user B information, where would users A's client app on their phone get user B's information?

Never have created a program that has users/profiles, so any help will be greatly appreciated

Leon

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JiMMaR

JiMMaR Android Enthusiast

ofcourse you'd have it on a server, you shouldn't store other user's info on other user's phones
    the phone may only store the player's info [phone owner]

3. uaeHamed

uaeHamed Newbie

You need to have a server with a database that will store all the profiles and then each phone will access the profile by queries to that database.

4. ZukoFan

ZukoFan Newbie

server++

I have something like this already set up. I store the user information on the server and dish it out in JSON objects to users.

Z

5. Rodtheplod

Rodtheplod Lurker

I also have a similar setup with the user's profiles stored on a central web server. Anything else is impractical.

RTP.