1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Plants vs Zombies (Amazon) - can't play or install anymore

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by semmelbroesel, Sep 6, 2016.

1. semmelbroesel

semmelbroesel Lurker
    None

Sep 6, 2016
    Male
    Hi.

I used to be able to play it just fine, but I think what happened was that Amazon came out with their new app that included Underground which rendered the original Amazon Appstore obsolete.

When I last tried to run the game, it would complain that I had to be logged into the Amazon Appstore - which I was (at least in their new version of it). Other Amazon purchased games worked.

So I messed around with it...

My device is rooted, so I tried Titanium Backup to restore an older version of the App Store - no dice. I think it doesn't even open the original app anymore and immediately starts the new version. When I freeze the new version, the old App Store immediately closes on start.

I tried deleting the game - turns out it won't even show up on my list of purchased apps anymore! When I use the Amazon website on my computer, it says I purchased the game. But I have yet to find a way to re-install it.

When I try to restore the game using Titanium Backup, the backup program freezes on me (no response from them after waiting for a week).

The only device I have that can still play it is a Galaxy Pad that hasn't received any updates in ages.

Yes, I've seen it on Google Play, but given what EA has done with PvZ2 to make the game nearly impossible to play after a while without buying stuff plus that there are in-app purchases AND ads in the PAID version of PvZ1, I have zero interest in this "new" version. I'd be willing to spend the $0.99 to buy it a second time, but not like this.

So here are my questions:

1. Any ideas or suggestions on how I can get the game to run again on my phone (without using the EA-greed infected version on Google Play)?

2. Have others also experienced that apps/games they purchased on Amazon are no longer working, or is there something wrong with my phone?

3. Have others experienced issues between the different Amazon app versions (original Amazon App Store and the one-in-all Amazon App that includes the Underground App Store and all regular Amazon Store functionalities)? Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. mrnothing91

mrnothing91 Lurker
    None

Aug 30, 2017
    Yes you can, play this mod so funny. No sun flower required