• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Platinum case at bestbuy by seido

what was his discount on the platinum case? i have a friend there too, but he's lowballing me for my touch pro 2 when i get the evo lol, so maybe i can break even with this guy.
their discount is cost plus 5%. I not sure exactly how much the case is with the discount cause I already threw away the receipt but im almost a 100% that the invisibleshield was like 3 dollars and some change. So that means the case is about 12 dollars....I meant to originally type is was 15 and some change instead of 19. I fixed that now in the original post.

Upvote 0
their discount is cost plus 5%. I not sure exactly how much the case is with the discount cause I already threw away the receipt but im almost a 100% that the invisibleshield was like 3 dollars and some change. So that means the case is about 12 dollars....I meant to originally type is was 15 and some change instead of 19. I fixed that now in the original post.

Wow that's crazy!

Upvote 0
i'm interested in the BB case with the textured back (nonseidio).. but wondering if it also has the 'squeaky' corner problem that the seidio one does

(the one with the thread with the guy putting felt in the corners, etc..)

if it fits better i'm def. in for that one.. though i dont like the textured back quite as much

senormatt or pezdukie, can you guys comment on the fit? (also thanks for awesome pix!)

Upvote 0
just got this rebranded seidio+holster combo at Bestbuy, on sale for 30 bux. It works well with the full body Zagg invisible Shield, loving my EVO even more now

great to hear that, I was worried it wouldn't work with the full body phantom skinz that I have coming in, I guess it will though. Does it feel like the protector is being moved at all when you slide the case on and off?

Upvote 0
i'm interested in the BB case with the textured back (nonseidio).. but wondering if it also has the 'squeaky' corner problem that the seidio one does

if it fits better i'm def. in for that one.. though i dont like the textured back quite as much

senormatt or pezdukie, can you guys comment on the fit? (also thanks for awesome pix!)

No there's no movement at all when you push on the corners. The only movement is on the sides and that's only if you physically pull the case in the direction away from the phone. It's really a pretty nice fit.

I've mostly been a naked phone kind of guy, with my Pre and HTC Hero being naked over the last year, but I really like the feel of this back and the extra grip it provides. Its making it easier to transition from the Pre's touchstone back.

Upvote 0
No there's no movement at all when you push on the corners. The only movement is on the sides and that's only if you physically pull the case in the direction away from the phone. It's really a pretty nice fit.

I've mostly been a naked phone kind of guy, with my Pre and HTC Hero being naked over the last year, but I really like the feel of this back and the extra grip it provides. Its making it easier to transition from the Pre's touchstone back.

I actually thought the case was a little slippery, I prefer a little more grip than it had

Upvote 0
Even worse when people pay 50 plus shipping haha
Ashamed to admit that even though I think it's a ridiculous price, I did go to BB and grab this case for $25.

I have mixed feelings about it though. It *looks* really cool wrapped around the Evo (I have the gunmetal color). But it seems to be a little harder to operate with one hand (especially hitting the power button), and the case creaks a bit. I didn't see the textured hard case at my local BB, but they did have the silicone Rocketfish case for $15 that looked pretty nice. Silicone cases feel better to me, but they get covered in lint from my pockets, plus I'm not sure if it'll protect the camera lens (#1 reason I even want a case).

Upvote 0
great to hear that, I was worried it wouldn't work with the full body phantom skinz that I have coming in, I guess it will though. Does it feel like the protector is being moved at all when you slide the case on and off?

so far so good, not causing much problem to my invisible shield but when i insert or take off cases, i purposely put opposite pressure on the case (so it doesn't drag the edge of the screen protector up) until the 2 pieces fully snapped together. Hearing other ppl without the full shield complaining that case is kinda lose, maybe having the FULL sheild + seidio case is the way to go :)

Upvote 0
so far so good, not causing much problem to my invisible shield but when i insert or take off cases, i purposely put opposite pressure on the case (so it doesn't drag the edge of the screen protector up) until the 2 pieces fully snapped together. Hearing other ppl without the full shield complaining that case is kinda lose, maybe having the FULL sheild + seidio case is the way to go :)
great point, mine is a little loose, but that is a good thing I guess for those who want to apply a full body protector

Upvote 0

no squeaky issues, fit is very good and snug, no complaints at all really. looks good, feels good, seems like it gives decent protection, not bulky at all.

Upvote 0
Just picked one up with the holster, loading pics as we speak, kind of like the agent 18 case for iPhone...34.99....anyone else got it?

I got one when I got the phone. I love it! At first I was hesitant, because I bought a few of those cheap holsters on eBay, and there were times when the phone just popped right off. This one won't do that, simply because of better materials and craftmanship. Their basically the same cases/holster combo as Seidio's Innocase II combo. The only difference is the branding on the back of the case. Seidio's has "Innocase II" on it, while the Platinum cases has Pt on it. :)

Upvote 0
at my local BB they had both the seidio rebranded one and the other one (with the textured back).. so picked up both to try em out

using the seidio one now.. i don't know what the 'squeaking' issue others have is like? there's a litlte bit of 'wiggle' at the top corners.. and if i wiggle them it creaks a little.. but it's not what i'd call squeaking?

can someone clarify what the 'squeaking' is that is causing problems?

Upvote 0
I'd think it's the same issue, different names for the noise maybe?

I'm on day 2 of this case and I'm still on the fence. It looks dead sexy on the Evo (I wanted the black case, but I have to admit, this gray is a perfect match), but it's a little tough to handle sometimes, and the give when gripping the phone is a little troubling. I'll give it another day or so, see if I adjust to the way it feels. I'd hate to take it back though -- did I mention dead sexy? Oh yeah, I did, sorry :)

Oh, one more thing -- with the case on, the kickstand is a little wobbly.

Upvote 0
ok the seidio case def. does 'squeak' or creek.. basically it's not snug and has wiggle-room at the top corner. i guess i'll try the felt fix. sort of a pain. luckily there's a michaels next to the bbuy.

the other case from bestbuy (nonseidio) .. i feel is super cheap. maybe mine was just broken?

basically when i opened the package and took case out, the front section 'broke' off.. i figured that's part of the design because that's the only way it would be two parts to put around phone.. but it's just weird that it was physically attached to the back part by a very tiny little bit of plastic in corner.. i didn't yank hard or anything, it just broke free

next i had a difficult time even putting the phone IN the case.. maybe mine was defective afterall?

i tried putting the back section on and 'snapping' on the front section at all the snap points, but it was too tight and i was afraid i was doing something wrong. i feel if it does get on it'll be a much tighter fit than the seidio one...

but it feels really cheap. the seidio one u 'slide' into the case.. this one you just sort of snap something around it loosely. the entire construction feels flimsy.. but then again maybe mine really was just a defect.

regardless i'm returning that one!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones