• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Play.com Desire no ota froyo yet?

Houndofhell

Aug 7, 2010
Hi all,

Bought myself a Desire about a month ago from Play.com and stuck in a o2 payg sim i already had, really love it and everything is working great.

I heard Froyo had been released ota so i decided to use the "check now" option however it claims that my phone is up to date. I've checked the softare information and its def 2.1-update 1, as far as i can tell the phone is definitely unbranded and there are no custom scenes or wallpapers.

I even took the sim out and tried doing a check it still says there is no new updates. I'm a resident of the UK but as far as i can tell that shouldn't make a difference.

I'm not in too much of a rush as its new software but i was just a little worried something was wrong. Anyone got any suggestions?

Got mine from Expansys and mine too has no update yet. I think it's exact model specific although I'd have thought that all UK models that were unbranded would have been the same I think this is not the case, mainly based on my experience with Nokia - they release several and they all have specific firmware which varies in release date.

Hoping it will be soon as it will resolve my email problem apparently. And give me some decent video recording ability.

Upvote 0
It doesn't matter where the phone was purchased unlocked. OTA updates are done it batches so as no stress is put on the servers distributing the update.

Therefore, updates will take time to propagate through to everyone.

There have also been rumours that HTC have pulled the update due to bugs however this is just a rumour.

Just sit tight and relax. The update will come..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones