1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Play error

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Jeremy Hutchings, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Jeremy Hutchings

Hi I really hope this is the right forum for this.. I have a kindle fire 10 HD 11 gen with Google play store via fire toolbox.. This is boggling my mind as simple as seems to fix it won't.

This Google play services constantly tell me it needs to be updated when it is up to date I have cleared the cache everything you might guess I even reinstall it multiple times to no avail.. Please god help me out with this. I will give you photos if you want.. I also posted this on xda.. Any suggestions would be overly appreciated....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. James_Watson

James_Watson Android Enthusiast

Attach some screenshots in order for us to check what's wrong with your Play Store.

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  3. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Clear all data and cache from Google Play Services and from Google Play Store.

Then open Play Store and reset all of your settings.

You may need to wait a bit for Services to catch up, or if you choose to not allow automatic updates (highly recommended to NOT allow ANY automatic updates- eliminate nasty surprises!) then you will see prompts for apps that 'need' updating.

Personally, I am done with Google.

If the above does not fix your issue, then consider UpToDown.
    It is the number two appstore worldwide, and has been on all my devices for years.

https://en.uptodown.com/

4. Jeremy Hutchings

This works some. It only comes up now when I try to link the Google which is alot less annoying tyvm.

puppykickr and ocnbrze like this.
  5. Jeremy Hutchings

Thank you for your time I have a work around

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

If you insist upon using Google, I highly recommend that you do it via an alternative browser- preferably something that uses Android System Webview.

ASW is a built in app on all Android devices- it allows apps to show you web content.
    It is by far the fastest and in my experience the best way around the web with a phone.

BTW, a phone is my ONLY way around the web.

There is a browser that I stand behind, and there are other versions with additional features floating around.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/acr.browser.lightning/

It is small enough to be added to any device.

Try it out and see if you agree that none are faster, and you would also be hard pressed to find more secure.

Don't forget that on some devices, Chrome acts as the webview.
    You should go into developers options and set Android System Webview as the default webview app.
    Sometimes Chrome must be disabled in order for this to be possible.
    (Makes you wonder why?!?)

Google Play services

Google Play services Forum

com.google.android.gms

Google Play services is used to update Google apps and apps from Google Play. This component provides core functionality like authentication to your Google services, synchronized contacts, access to all the latest user privacy settings, and higher quality, lower-powered location based services. Google Play services also enhances your app experience. It speeds up offline searches, provides more immersive maps, and improves gaming experiences. Apps may not work if you uninstall Google Play services.

READ MORE
March 16, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
5B+
Installs