1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Play Music

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by smurph1, Dec 10, 2015.

1. smurph1

smurph1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    Northern Ireland, UK
    I am having great difficulty with Play Music APP, and am trying to download songs from my library in the cloud, to my phone, and Samsung Tab, and also the same to my fathers same Tablet for his music collection.
    I have a large collection of music on my PC, and have a small portion of that uploaded to Play Music.
    They are visible in library on my devices. I can select songs and albums individually to download, but that is far too mush hassle I want to update/sync all by selecting REFRESH [is this what this should do, as I can't find it explained (note to google) anywhere very well?].
    So why when in Play Music can I not hit REFRESH, and at all sync down to devices????
    Please explain or send me a link.....and I have read all the google stuff on this, but it is poor!

Advertisement

2. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Android Expert
    None

Sep 13, 2010
    Male
    IT Manager
    NY
    sorry - i'm not quite following what your trouble is. Play Music uploads your music from your PC (not your phone or tablet). You need the uploader program to do this. It constantly monitors whatever folder you specify for changes. when it detects changes, it will upload those files and you'll have them available on your phone & tablets.

As far as downloading music from the cloud, i believe you can do this via the website. The app will only download/cache music for playback while offline.

sorry if this doesnt answer your question.

3. smurph1

None

Dec 6, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Thanks. I have the music uploaded, but not the way you say, I manually drag and drop onto uploader (as I can't see the option to use a folder that updates when changed!).
    My issue is downloading to device via the app. I want what is in the cloud to update onto my device without individually selecting songs/albums. I.E. I can't get it to do as you say "download/cache music for playback while offline".

4. smurph1

None

Dec 6, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Eventually resolved, by creating and then importing my music into a playlist.....but didn't do this before, and don't believe i should have to!!

5. smurph1

None

Dec 6, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    Northern Ireland, UK
    And now after adding more songs up to my cloud, I can't update/refresh to phone, as I can't easily select the newly added ones to drag to the playlist, as they are mixed up in the list. This is why this method that I have had to employ is not correct.
    Can anyone actually explain how my phone(s) should update/refresh successfully??